This DMM Coffee House session, hosted by British child psychologist Dr. Michael Blows, will answer any questions about the Dynamic Maturational Model of Attachment and Adaptation (DMM). It is open to anyone, with or without prior knowledge of the DMM or attachment theory. The session is for professionals in any field, including lawyers, other legal professionals, mental health, educators, people working as parenting professionals, students, etc.. Sessions are not structured, rather they are open for your questions.
Session topics can include anything, such as:
- What is the DMM? Is it just attachment or something more?
- How does DMM attachment compare and contrast to other attachment theories, such as the ABC+D (Berkeley) or Ainsworth models?
- What are DMM self-protective strategies and patterns of information processing?
- How does information processing relate to attachment theory?
- How does the DMM handle disorganized attachment?
- How do DMM assessments work, such as the Preschool Attachment Assessment and the Adult Attachment Interview.
- Any questions you have after reading the DMM article on Wikipedia or CSI’s article The Definition and Relevance of Attachment.
- Or anything else related to the attachment, information processing, danger processing, the DMM, or IPNB.
DMM Coffee House sessions are weekly free Zoom meetings. The Beginner sessions are offered the first Tuesday of each month. Other weekly Coffee House sessions are generally topic specific. For Zoom security, we require participants to register with their email. CSI may add your email address to our mailing list, unless you ask us not to. Nothing is sold or marketed in Coffee House sessions, these are professional, collegial, and informal discussion sessions. Notices for other DMM Coffee House sessions are listed here.
Date: Tuesday, 5 October 2021
Length: 60-90 minutes
Host/Facilitator: Hosted by Dr. Mike Blows, child psychologist
Platform: Zoom meeting
Sponsor: Conflict Science Institute
Session times: (US/EU/Africa/India): Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. Seattle (UTC -7) (11:00 a.m. in Dallas; noon in Miami; 5:00 p.m. in London; 7:00 p.m. in Cape Town; 9:00 p.m. in New Delhi; midnight in Bangkok.)
Dr. Mike Blows is a consulting child psychiatrist recently retired from the U.K.’s National Health Service. Mike has been involved with the DMM for many years, and is trained in DMM assessments. He has a unique ability to bring the DMM alive with real world examples from his decades of medical practice. Dr. Mike is a frequent and well-loved DMM Coffee House host.