Please join us at the DMM Coffee House, a series of informal attachment theory discussions from the Dynamic Maturational Model of Attachment and Adaptation (DMM) perspective.
Contact us if you would like to facilitate an attachment theory discussion or to request topics you would like to see covered. We can upload your relevant materials and session comments.
Past and upcoming topics:
- Parenting series
- Nonviolent discipline techniques supported by research, by Karen Quail at PeaceDiscipline.com, Parts I and II
- More than “good enough parenting”, but how?
- Unique DMM-informed techniques for children
- Unique DMM-informed techniques for teenagers
- Unique DMM-informed techniques for adults
- Unique DMM-informed therapy techniques for people using high A or C-strategies
- “My child uses C-strategies. I use A-strategies. Now what do I do?”
- Unique parenting techniques informed by the DMM
- DMM Treatment and techniques series
- Managing the pandemic with the DMM
- A therapist and client in conversation 3 year on from Attachment Centred Therapy
- Attachment Centred Therapy, Parts I and II
- Managing shame and humiliation
- Managing loss and sadness
- DMM applied in child welfare cases
- Applying in daily practice what we know about A and C self-protective strategies
- Applying the DMM in real world situations: sharing and exploring your experiences
- What is the DMM?
- Common markers for adult attachment patterns
- Introducing the DMM with theater masks
- Danger and comfort in terms of DMM attachment
- Stop saying “attachment”, “insecure”… But what else? Searching for universal terms
- A 3D Circumplex? Alternate DMM models and graphics
- Neuroscience and the DMM: relating neuroscience findings to the DMM
- Polyvagal Theory and the DMM: how can we harmonize them?
- Comparing the DMM with DSM/ICD personality disorders
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder in terms of the DMM
- Borderline Personality Disorder in terms of the DMM
- How can the DMM and Schema Therapy work together?
- Radial (intensity) dimensionality in DMM Self-Protective Strategies
- Facial micro expressions and the DMM: how do they inform each other?
- Sigmoidal curves applied in DMM theory
- The Romanian orphan experience from a DMM perspective
- The future of the DMM
- DMM research updates: what’s new
- Comparing DMM and ABC+D
- What is the value of the Disorganized concept, especially after the Granqvist article
- Comparing the DMM and ABC+D models of attachment
- ABC+D research: relating non-DMM attachment research findings to the DMM
- What do the DMM and ABC+D attachment models have in common?
- DMM facet exploration series
- Shame vs Humiliation
- A vs C emotion preferences
- Anger, aggression and apology in A-strategies
- DMM facet exploration: [You name the topic]
- Is the self-protective strategy A or C? Exploring informal assessments in your difficult cases
- Functional A+ C+: What does it look like? Bring your examples
- Milder forms of DMM Self-Protective Strategies
- Punitive interpersonal cruelty in certain DMM self-protective strategies
- Viewing the world through a DMM lense series
- Autism, family systems, and the DMM
- Autism in terms of the DMM
- Learning the DMM by looking at world leaders and celebrities for examples
- DMM as expressed in the arts, literature and film
- Litigation and forensic work using the DMM
- How do you incorporate the DMM into forensic court reports
- Parental alienation from a DMM perspective (series)
- The DMM and DV
- High conflict litigation cases from a DMM perspective
- Somatic series
- Functional Somatic Symptoms and the DMM with Kasia Kozlowska
- Sensory Attachment Intervention with Éadaoin Bhreathnach
- Quick somatic regulation techniques, with Linda Hayes-Cooper
- The DMM for beginners: What is the DMM and how is it different from traditional attachment theory
- DMM assessments series
- AAI coding issues with Gordon Somerville
- Meaning of the Child Interview (MOTC), with Benedict Grey
- Child Attachment and Play Assessment (CAPA), with Steve Farnfield
- DMM-AAI coding issues
- Innovative ways to conduct DMM assessments
- Innovative uses of DMM assessments
These attachment theory discussions are hosted by the Conflict Science Institute (CSI), and will be announced on CSI’s DMM Coffee House page and on DMM Group Talk (an independent discussion forum for DMM topics). If you wish to host or co-host a session of interest to you, please contact us to propose a topic.
Prior session hosts include Ben Grey, Steve Farnfield, Mike Blows, Charley Shults, Louise Atkin, Steve Morris, Melanie Gill, Gordon Somerville, all from the U.K. Kasia Kozlowska, Linda Hayes-Cooper, from Australia. Éadaoin Bhreathnach from Northern Ireland. Rebecca O’Neill (for Wikipedia training), from Ireland. Siw L. Karlsen, from Norway. Karen Quail, from South Africa. Melanie Langer, Emily Anderson and Lisa Mennet, all from the U.S.
Session days and times
2020-21 sessions are offered in session A, primarily for people in the EU/Americas/India/Africa. Session B is for late night EU/Americas/early morning AUS/Asia people. Session A is on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m. Seattle time (UTC -7), 12 noon in Miami, 5:00 p.m. in London, and 9:00 p.m. in New Delhi. The same session (session B), sometimes with a video replay, is held again Thursday, 2:00 p.m. Seattle time, 5:00 p.m. in Miami, 10:00 p.m. in London, (and on FRIDAY) 7:00 a.m. in Sydney, 5:00 a.m in Perth/China time, and at 4:00 a.m. in Bangkok. (NOTE, the sessions will be on Friday in Australia/Asia because of the international date line).
Please join us!
DMM Coffee House is not associated with the International Association for the Study of Attachment (IASA) or the Family Relations Institute (FRI), nor the DMM Community. Information offered in Coffee House sessions are the thoughts and opinions of the individual participants. Information offered in CSI Coffee House pages are the thoughts and opinions of CSI and/or the individual writers. Membership in IASA and FRI is not required to join DMM Coffee House sessions.